When you trust a CPA to handle your finances, you have the right to expect competent and ethical service. Our lawyers can sue your accountant in the event of professional negligence, such as:
- Failing to file your taxes on time, resulting in late penalties
- Using improper bookkeeping practices, leading to regulatory fines
- Acting in self-interest, causing you to miss an opportunity
- We seek restitution of your actual monetary losses and additional damages allowed by law.
- Were your legal services not up to professional standards?
Like all states, Alabama has its own rules of professional conduct for lawyers. While no attorney can guarantee you specific results in your legal matter, we owe certain duties to our clients. For example, a lawyer must:
- Represent you according to your stated objectives
- Keep you reasonably informed about the status of your case
- Maintain confidentiality when appropriate